". . . you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth” (Acts 1:8)
The aim of our Missions Ministries is to bear witness to Jesus Christ in Barrie, Canada, and the World in order that we might extend the reach of our disciple making efforts.
We will do this by:
- Praying for God to open a door for the Word in Barrie, Canada, and the World, so that we might declare the mystery of Christ boldly and clearly (Colossians 2:3-4).
- Equipping and empowering Stewards to facilitate (1) Barrie Missions, (2) Canada Missions, and (3) World Missions.
- Establishing local partnerships with like-minded churches and organizations in Barrie.
- Raising Southshore's visibility and name recognition in Barrie.
- Planting Churches.
- Partnering with North American Mission Board (NAMB).
- Partnering with International Mission Board (IMB).
Our Missions Steward is Duncan Taylor
 Our missions will take time to develop. For 2017-2018, we do not expect to plant a church or have active Canada or World Missions. Moreover, we will have a very simple Barrie Missions Ministry, with an emphasis on Southshore's visibility and participation in Barrie. Note, however, that we have a much more ambitious vision for Missions at Southshore in the years ahead, which will be realized as God blesses us with people and resources.